Mengo Senior School is located on Hoima Road Plot 422, Block 10. It was founded in 1895 by the Church Missionary Society (CMS). This makes it the oldest school in Uganda. It is a co-educational government aided school with a current ratio of 1:2 girls to boys. It offers general academic subjects, vocational and technical subjects, 29 in number. The school, though Church of Uganda Founded, admits students of all faiths. It provides secular education which is in line with the Uganda national goals and objectives of education. The school recognizes the global trends and has always organised and re-organised its curricula to suit the needs of the changing world basing on the national curriculum.